Monday, December 17, 2007

Save-the-Dates Have Arrived, and Other Things

Now we're getting somewhere with the wedding plans. We just got our save-the-date cards today from the print shop, and I must say they look rather fantabulous! All we need to do is send them out. But first, I have to consult with my parents regarding the guest list. I don't want to leave anybody out.

In the meantime, I've started to look at hotels and accommodations in the Philippines. Some hotels/resorts don't provide the rates on their websites. So to get the rates, I had to fill out a form that asks for my name, arrival date/departure date (perhaps that's the check-in/check-out dates?), and airline and flight number. That's one of the things I found common on these Philippine websites--airline and flight number. What's the relevance? Plus, our wedding date is a little more than a year away, so we have no flight info. Instead, I opted to send an "inquiry" with my own questions. On the inquiry form, it asks for my full name, email, and nationality. Nationality? Could that be for statistical purposes to measure how many "balikbayans" come back? Do foreign nationals get a different treatment from the locals? Who knows. Anyway, I asked for rates for an X amount of rooms/cottages for an estimated date in 2009. According to their website, I should hear from them within 24 hours.

In addition, we're making a running list of important information on our wedding website for our guests to refer to. Lots of stuff, I tell ya. The website should have some info by the time we send out the save-the-dates, because it's pretty much blank right now.

Anyway, it's late, time for bed...more updates later.

No comments:

Post a Comment