Thursday, May 17, 2007

...

I haven't been taking care of my blog lately. I've just been too tired--these past few days I've been working overtime because we're so short-staffed at work. Some days go smoothly, and the ten hours fly by in no time. Other days, everything goes wrong, and it's downhill from there. When I come home in the evenings, you'll find me reading a book. That's my escape from reality, for the time being. I've been reading during my breaks as well. Hell, when I choose a purse, I make sure it's big enough to fit a book inside.

Aside from long hours at work, it has also been emotionally draining. Bad news seem to abound there. I thank God everyday that those situations don't affect me directly. I can only imagine what my co-workers (who are also my friends) are going through right now. The other day, I just broke down and cried. I cried for my co-worker who lost her mother. I cried for a colleague who is fighting for her life. I cried because I was tired and stressed. I also cried of relief because I'm thankful for what I have. I am drained...

Steinhart Aquarium

On Monday, Sinta and I decided to do something different on our common day off. It was a little too chilly to visit the Boardwalk in Santa Cruz, and we were too lazy to make the drive to Monterey. So, we decided to visit the Steinhart Aquarium in San Francisco, which is a part of the California Academy of Sciences. Opened in 1923, this aquarium is the oldest urban aquarium in the country that is still in operation. The New Academy is currently under construction at the old site at Golden Gate Park. The temporary site is currently on Howard Street. I was expecting to see the same local marine animals featured at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, but needless to say I was wrong. There were marine life from different parts of the world, including the Amazon.

"The aquarium's collection includes species found at no other institution in the world, as well as species that are extinct in the wild."--www.calacademy.org"



The humuhumunukunukuapua'a was too fast for my camera. A tiger fish.



Whip snakes of Southeast Asia. Sinta and the five-foot giant sea bass.



Alligator snapping turtles of the southern states. Fish in the coral.



Coral Fish
Originally uploaded by Rho.



This tiny frog is about an inch long.


Poison Dart Frog
Originally uploaded by Rho.




Finding Nemo
Originally uploaded by Rho.

No comments:

Post a Comment