Sunday, May 06, 2007

Slow Down

Written on May 3rd.

I was leaving work this afternoon when I noticed that the trees lining the street are full of lush, green leaves. I thought to myself, "When the hell did all that happen?". I drive down that street ten times a week, and the last time i really looked at those trees, they were bare from winter.

Has so much time passed that I didn't even notice the changes around me? Have I been that busy? Granted, my job has taken on newer responsibilities outside the realm of my day-to-day tasks; but, it hasn't changed anything about my schedule.

Unfortunate personal circumstances that have happened to my co-workers have altered the way a lot of us look at life. Without delving into their situations, all I can say is that life is too short. It's too short to dwell and brood over the small things, because at the end of the day, does it all really matter? Is it worth complaining about everything? Why not change what you can? If you can't, then learn to deal with it.

Life's too short.

On A Lighter On...

New post alert on A.I.L.!

No comments:

Post a Comment