Don't be afraid. That's just Sinta and me at the Apple Store, playing with the latest MacBook Pro (Apple's latest laptop offer with the Intel processor), and its built-in camera. Nuts, huh? It's a dangerous store, though. Dangerous, it is, since I got myself an iBook G4. I figure that, between my school work, and the writing I'l love to eventually do on the side, or on my spare time, this wouldn't be a bad investment. The best part is, i can take my work anywhere...and, I won't be so computer hardware illiterate anymore.The Benchwarmers
The other night, we watched the The Benchwarmers. If you were unathletic, a tad overweight, and unpopular in elementary school, like yours truly, then you'll be able to relate to this movie. I remember participating in group sports, with the two most athletic students in our class elected as the captains of two teams. Each captain would take turns picking players (from our class) for their teams. I always dreaded these moments, since, almost always, I was picked second to last, if not last, in the class.
It sucked. Playing softball in the 4th grade, I created my own position, standing in some random spot in the outfield, where I knew for sure a 4th grader wouldn't hit a ball that far. Granted, it just perpetuated the problem, but I knew that I'd never get picked first.
Anyway, for those fellow benchwarmers out there, this is a feelgood movie of sorts. This is like "Bad News Bears" taken to another level. Only now, I can totally relate to this movie.
And let's give it up to fellow Pinoy, Rob Schneider. He wasn't that bad in this movie, only because he wasn't playing a character role. That's just my opinion. At a recent SF Giants game, while we were sitting out the rain delay, the showed him training with the Giants during Spring Training in Arizona in preparation, I assume, for the movie. It was hilarious, Schneider kickin' it with the likes of Willie Mays, and giving swinging pointers to Barry Bonds.
I Almost Forgot What the Sky and the Stars Look Like
It's about gosh darn time that the weather cooperated. Temps in the 70s, clear skies...this is spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment