Happy Birthday
Sinta took me out to lunch today, and it's just so beautiful and warm outside. It was a good way to start my 28th year on this earth.
My birthday actually started last Saturday. Sinta's parents were babysitting their family friend's baby that day. We were invited to come up because baby Kyra and I share the same birthday, and we were going to have dinner and cake.
"Your guys' birthday isn't until the 2nd," Sinta said.
"It's the start of their birthday week," his mom answered.
"What?"
"You have to live with it," Sinta's dad said. "They're women. They get what they want." Lol!
I'm older now, and hopefully wiser. It's feels like any other day. When I was little, I pictured persons in their late-20s to their early 30s as "old"--as in, they're married with a couple of kids, holding down a stable and succesful job. I'm not quite there yet, and that's okay. I still feel like I'm 24, but I don't party the way I used to. That's okay, too. I'm happy where I am now, and I am striving to make myself a better person.
**Thanks, you guys, for the birthday wishes!
No comments:
Post a Comment