Thursday, February 03, 2005

Birthday Dinner

Last night, to celebrate my birthday, Sinta, Lokeliko, and I went to the City for dinner at Bocce Cafe. Sinta had the gnocchi, and Lokeliko and I had ravioli. It was good--totally hit the spot. When the waitress served our dishes, the portions looked small. That was because the plates were huge! We finished off everything on our plates. I thought the portions were just right...until the raviolis started to expand in my tummy. And it kept expanding and exanding. I literally couldn't breathe.

Afterwards, we headed to "Sweet Inspiration" for dessert. Yes, dessert--there's always room for that. It's a cute, little bakery/cafe that serves the most exquisite cakes I've ever seen. Sinta says that the baked goods that they offer depends on what the bakers and pastry chefs want to make. In other words, the menu isn't consistent. So if you have your eye on that pumpkin cheesecake, you better order it because who knows when they will offer it next.

Sweet Inspiration
Originally uploaded by Rho.
I ordered the mango, papaya & passion mousse. Sinta had a slice of Black Forest cake, and Lokeliko had the Tiramisu. This photo serves no justice to the size of the cakes. We couldn't finish them, except for mine (Sinta helped me finish it). At that point, we were all maoning and groaning from the fullness of our stomachs. I could feel my tummy expanding on all sides. We finally got up and walked around the block to the car. I couldn't breathe. I felt like I was going to break out in a cold sweat. As we were walking, I started to feel nauseous. It was reminiscent of past birthdays, minus the alcohol.


It was a wonderful birthday. Thank you, Sinta and Lokeliko.

No comments:

Post a Comment