Tuesday, April 20, 2004

DINNER & MOVIE: Last night, Sinta and I went out for dinner with my bro Rhod. We had yummy sushi at a Japanese restaurant at the Great Mall. Sushi was good. It definitely wasn't "Sushi Lovers", thank goodness. I don't know what the hype is all about with "S.L.", but the sushi was gross ("malansa") and expensive. Not worth it. Such trouble makers, boyfriend and bro. They were teasing me about the sushi rolls I couldn't have because of their high cholesterol content, to the point where I comment about which one I'd like to have, Sinta would threaten to pull my away from the sushi bar! Afterwards, we walked around the mall to look for my dress to wear at the wedding Sinta and I will be attending this weekend. I wasn't really in the mood to look for a dress, so instead we went into shoe store after shoe store looking at sneakers. I have to be in the mood if I'm shopping for something specific, and it's not as fun as just shopping.

After about an hour, we headed to the theaters to watch "Kill Bill 2". We just watched "Kill Bill" the day before, and because of it's intriguing ending, we couldn't wait to see #2. #1 was very "Tarantino"-esque--bloody gore, fast-paced, no time wasted on action scenes. I could almost excuse much of the movie's nonesense because, after all, it is Quentin Tarantino. The scenes in #2 were longer with fewer fight scenes. Tarantino did manage to incorporate his familiar style of blending together the various film genres and eras effortlessly (with the exception of the Pai Mei scene). Very specific references in dialogue (if you were paying attention), as well as minor details such as Budd's cowboy hat and Beatrix's hair length, caused for careless editing. I know I didn't talk about the movie plot (well, the plot is all about killing Bill) just in case you all haven't seen #1. But, the ending was very un-"Tarantino", if you know what I mean. "Pulp Fiction" is still best.

EAVES DROPPERS: Just wanted to say hello to Iris and Mich...send us over some sun from Olongapo!

No comments:

Post a Comment