It seems that the hot topic at work today is New Year's resolutions. I haven't really given much thought to making a resolution, especially since I fail at keeping them anyway. We have two days until the new year, and all I can think is, "Where did 2010 go?" I seriously think that as I get older, the days go by faster.
Christmas came and went, and for as much as I wanted the holiday season to be stress-free, it wasn't. The past year wasn't a good year for me physically. If it wasn't one thing, it was another. I had a little scare last week, and as I was waiting for the results of my tests (everything came back normal, Thank God), I can tell you that I was looking at life differently. I was appreciating the little things around me, and I was choosing my battles. At first, I was annoyed at the little things that people were bitching and complaining about. But you know what? No problem is ever too small. It's all relative. And no prayer is ever too big or too small.
Christmas Eve and day was spend with friends and family. We had an awesome time cooking, eating, relaxing, and eating some more, but every year, I feel incomplete without my family in the Philippines. Thank goodness for technology because it sure does bring me closer to them. I'd like to take the Hubster back during the Christmas season so that he can experience what it's like there.
I'm sad that Christmas is over. I'm not ready to take down the decorations yet. On the upside, we don't have to pack and put away a lot because, this year, the cats decided to take down anything Christmasy that was within their reach. That's right. We have four big plastic bins that are sitting in a room, unpacked. I'm hoping that they outgrow this behavior; I especially miss looking at our ornaments hanging on the tree.
I'm looking forward to 2011. There will be some major changes in store for us, but I'm hoping that it will be a great year, nonetheless.
No comments:
Post a Comment