We're already halfway through June? Where did the days go? I had the blogging itch on my home today, and I'm hoping I can dish this post out before I get writer's block...or get bored...which ever one comes first. Let's get to it...
268. What's 268? That's my total cholesterol level. I finally saw my doctor a few weeks ago, and we discussed my lab results. Ideally, our cholesterol should be under 200. Yikes, right? Several years ago it was 305. In my case, it's hereditary, but that doesn't mean it's okay. My LDL (bad cholesterol) is high, while my HDL (good) is low. Dr. C wants me to commit to a low-cholesterol diet and lose 10 lbs in three months. I don't know how I gained 10 lbs in the last five months. Actually, I do know, but we're not going to discuss it.
I've been re-educating myself about low-cholesterol foods, how to read food labels, etc. The first few days were tough, as I was craving for everything imaginable. Thanks to my dad, who I inherited this from, I should not deprive myself of the foods a like. Just have a taste. If I want a snack at work, I'll share most of it with my co-workers. If I'm craving for ice cream, I'll have a spoonful or two. And I'm okay with that. It sure helps me get through this diet.
I also have to workout. Dr. C said that even if I go for a brisk walk everyday for 30 minutes, I should be good. I used to run, but it's just difficult to get motivated to do it again. I'm totally failing in the workout department. Sometimes the couch is just more appealing after a long day at work.
Hula Life. Our performance is coming up in several weeks, and as you can imagine, additional practices are in full swing. I've skipped regular classes here and there due to shoulder flare-ups. In addition, life has caught up with some of my friends and they skip class on occasion, as well. As a result, my confidence level has dropped, and you'll find me dancing in the far corner of the room. That's all psychological. Kumu sees everyone and everything. I just think I've fallen off his radar this season. On the other hand, as the days get closer to the performance, the more excited I'm getting. What's not to get excited about? For the first time, our show will be held at the P.alace of F.ine Arts in San Francisco, and if you've been there before, then you know it's an awesome venue. We also have reserved seating of about 950 this year. Kumu released the tickets yesterday, and 80% percent of the seats sold out in 18 hours. That's crazy! And of course, I'm excited about our dance numbers. I can't wait to share it!
Trip of Awesomeness. It's really happening! I'm so excited, since my online friends and I have been talking about it for more than a year now. Some of my favorite online peeps are making a trip out here for some good times, good food and good laughs. See? There was a reason why I had to go on this diet so that I can spend my calories with these guys! I requested some time off from work. I really hope the powers that be approve it. It would be ironic if I they denied my vacation request when I'm not going out of town and my friends are flying in from different places. Let's hope for good news. TOA! Can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment