Monday, June 21, 2010

First Day of Summer

Happy Summer Solstice! I love the days of summer when the warm days are long. The Hubster and I celebrated the first day of summer by checking out a nearby wine bar. We sat outside in the warm breeze, sampling the different types of wine varietals, while enjoying a platter of various cheeses, fruits, and chocolate. After awhile, our wine buzz got the best of us, and we sauntered across the street to Five Guys Burgers & Fries for some double-patty beef goodness.

Two burgers in three days. That's major cholesterol diet fail.

* * * * * *

We had our first hula practice on Saturday at our Kumu's house. Now that I got to see the choreography of all the classes dancing hula kahiko together, all I can say is, it's pretty awesome! I'm impressed, and I can't wait to show it off with the rest of the halau.

And speaking of our H.o'ike, the evening show is officially sold out, and we will be putting on a "lite version" during the matinee performance. Long story short, I'm hoping that my request for the evening show will be confirmed because that's the show that I want my family to see. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment