Quitting Coffee and the World Will Be Good
I found a new place to sit with my laptop. It's probably my favorite place at the moment--the kitchen counter island. We finally bought two barstools. Finally. I can't tell you how many times the Hubster and I would eat at the counter, hunched over, eating our cereal. I see many weekend mornings here, sipping my tea, and typing away.
If you've been following my blog since its beginnings several years ago, you'll know that I was a coffee addict. After many failed attempts at quitting throughout the years, I'm happy to say that I've quit coffee. Cold turkey. How? I gave it up for Lent. It was the only way for me to stick it out, withdrawal symptoms and all. The Hubster can attest that the first three days were hard for him. If truth be told, on the morning of our wedding day, my cousin came up to me and asked, "Did you have your coffee this morning? J wanted to make sure that you had it already." I couldn't help but laugh. Even Lil' Brudder expressed in his wedding speech, warning all 148 guests, that I can raise hell without my morning cup. Why quit? you may ask. It started to feel like an addiction because I had to have it everyday. And once in awhile, I'd get palpitations. Once, I left work early and drove myself to urgent care because of palpitations. The doctor recommended that I stop drinking coffee. That was three years ago. I'm doing good now...hopefully, I'll be able to continue this.
I have yet to post honeymoon pictures here and on Flickr and Facebook. I have yet to post wedding pictures on Friendster. It's a promise I made to friends and family who are on it. The thing is, I barely log on. I just wish more of them would migrate over to Facebook, so that the world will be good again.
No comments:
Post a Comment