Sunday, April 27, 2008

"Suck Dem Haids...Pinch Dos Tails!"

Growing up as a Navy Brat has given my family opportunities to live in different parts of the U.S. Aside from Hawaii, of course, Louisiana is one of my favorite places. Besides experiencing Mardi Gras, king cakes, and cajun food, one of my strongest memories of living in Gretna (just across the Mississippi River from New Orleans) was when my parents would buy pounds of boiled crawfish on a Saturday afternoon. We'd cover the table with layers of newspaper, and dump the crawdaddies on top. I'd peel those suckers till my fingers got raw! It was so good! So hot, and so spicy! Even as a third grader, I looked forward to afternoons like that.

With that said, when we moved from Louisiana, I thought I'd never eat crawfish again, let alone eat it boiled in creole spices. Fortunately, we got a lead from Yelp to try out this restaurant in San Jose called Crawdaddy's. We just had to to try it.

This joint is pretty much a no-frills type of place. There's not much to their menu. If you're looking for entrees, you're in the wrong place. One has to understand that when you eat cajun boiled crawfish, it's all about the crawfish. Don't forget to rock that bib, because you'll be peeling them suckers, and juice will fly all over the place.

My mouth is watering...I'd definitely go back again!


Oh...yeaah!! I'm ready!


Say hello to my little friend.


It's so spicy, I'm sweating! But I'm gonna keep on going!

No comments:

Post a Comment