Monday, July 27, 2009

Family Weddings

Three summers ago, The Hubster and I attended his cousin's wedding in LA. It was the first wedding in their generation of cousins. The Hubster made a prediction that after Cousin C's wedding, the other cousins will follow suit. Most of them at the time were (and still are) in long-term relationships. I didn't give it much thought until we were planning a bridal shower last week for another one of Hubster's cousins.

Less than a year after Cousin C's wedding, The Hubster proposed to me. That December, another cousin of his got engaged. The following December, another cousin (the brother of the previous cousin) proposed to his girlfriend. The Hubster was right. He makes scary predictions like that.

The co-ed bridal shower came and went on Saturday. Despite San Francisco's notorious fog and the typical cold July weather, I'd say the party was a success. There was a ton of food left, and I kinda wish we brought some burger patties home, as I'm craving one of those as I type this.

So, the happy couple's wedding is on September 12, and I already bought my dress. Talk about a load off my shoulders. I am known to shop the weekend before, even days before. I get stressed out, and shopping for that perfect dress becomes a chore. We went to the mall yesterday just to window shop. I tried on several dresses, and I found one that I really liked. Yay! It's one less thing I have to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment