Thursday, March 06, 2008

Ten Months and Counting...

Being uninspired to blog seems to be an epidemic these days. If it's not writer's block, then what is it? I thought sipping a glass of red would help stimulate the creative juices, but it just doesn't work. Although, I am reminded of my sophomore English teacher in high school. He said that even if you have nothing to write about, keep writing anyway, even if it makes no sense. You'll find that you've written something great in the end. During class one day, I had absolutely nothing to write about, so I quickly wrote down the first verse of Ice Cube's "It Was a Good Day". And based on those few lines, I wrote a pretty profound entry. Haha..thanks, Ice Cube!

I've been trying to minimize my playtime online (friendster, facebook, twitter) by reading books instead. I'm currently reading "The Kite Runner", and right now, I'd like to curl up on the couch with that book with a nice cup of tea. Speaking of going online, I've invested a few hours online looking for possible venues for our wedding reception next year. I been using Here Comes the Guide. I have to say that I've been impressed with the service. All you have to do is look for a service you need (venues, caterers, etc.) in your area, peruse the various vendors, then request more info for the ones you're interested in. In turn, the website with contact these vendors, and the vendors with contact you via email or phone. Within an hour, I've gotten responses and proposals from many of the vendors. Can it get any easier? But when it comes down to crunching numbers and comparing prices within our budget, well...that's a different story.

So with that, I've been motivated to contact my old college friends who are either in the wedding business (photographer/videographer) or who have friends who are. Thank goodness we don't have to go too far for that. Sinta and I haven't gotten down to the nitty gritty yet, and that's to look for a venue, accommodations, and the like in the Philippines. This could be interesting.

People have asked me if I picked out a dress yet. The answer is, not yet, but I have ideas. I plan to have it made in the Philippines because I want my dress to have a touch of Filipiniana. My mom gave me the contact info of a designer she met who's based in Manila who serves clients internationally. I went ahead and emailed him, and within 48 hours he emailed me back. In addition, he attached some of his sketches and photos of his designs. I haven't really gotten the chance to look at them since my Entourage keeps crashing. But, regardless of that, I have to get crackin' on my dress...and the wedding, for that matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment